Analysis of Performance
• While more than achieving the goal of staying in the top 66% of Western State, Fort Collins is in the top 86% this quarter.
• However, the home ownership index score for Fort Collins dipped to 59.2% of the homes sold this quarter being affordable to residents making the area median income.
• Soaring housing prices are forcing people to rent while pushing up rents keeping would be buyers out of the for-sale market.
• Robust demand continues to overwhelm housing supply.
• This information is always published for the preceding quarter
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
Low – The City does not directly affect the private housing market or residents' income levels. Through grants provided by the Competitive Process, the City often incentivizes a limited number of new housing units for lower-income residents, which would be included in the number of housing units reported through the HOI data. This metric reports market activity more than City activity.