Analysis of Performance
Participation for the quarter was higher than the Q2 target, however the first two quarters combined are just under the total cumulative target. Factors affecting total participation include:
- Drop-in numbers slowed with the increase in daily drop-in rates at the first of the year.
- Activity enrollments increased.
- Bridge replacement at EPIC during Q1 caused inconvenience to customers.
- Mulberry Pool was closed during most of May for emergency maintenance and repairs.
- Cold, wet weather affected City Park Pool opening numbers.
Numbers will be monitored throughout the third quarter.
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
High – Recreation influences participation by offering a variety of diverse programs that appeal to the community while reflecting the community's demographics. Recreation also influences participation numbers through marketing and community outreach. Recreation directly influences the amount of programs by determining the recreational needs of the community and developing programs that appeal to the community.