Analysis of Performance
- The analysis below represents data through the third quarter of 2022.
- Q3 2022 community electricity result of 2410 kilowatt-hours was 16.7% below the 2005 baseline.
- Q3 2022 home electricity use of 926 kilowatt-hours was 2.0% below the 2005 baseline.
- Q3 2022 business electricity use of 1484 kilowatt-hours was 23.4% below the 2005 baseline.
- Programs and services are one primary factor helping to keep electricity use flat while the population has continued to increase. Other factors include codes and standards, general availability of efficient products, customer conservation behavior and increasing local renewable energy production.
- The 2022 population estimate was updated to the most recent value of 176,638.
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
Medium – The Utilities' Energy Efficiency and Conservation Programs provides programs and services to reduce energy use. Weather and local economic conditions are the other primary influences which have an impact on the electric usage of the community. The actions of residents and businesses are also key to lowering use and thereby emissions.