Analysis of Performance
Targets for Q3 and Q4 of 2017 have been revised based on current units in construction that may feasibly come on line in 2017. The green line was added to display the quarterly average number of units needed to achieve the goals of the Affordable Housing Strategic Plan.
- This is a quarterly metric.
- This year's goal to increase inventory is based on the City's Affordable Housing Strategic Plan which currently seeks 188 new units per year.
- One new ownership unit was added to the inventory this quarter.
- Large development under construction will be completed in 2020, and not as anticipated in this quarter.
- 2020 targets are under development
- Convened Work Group for improving Homeownership supports.
- Actively buying and selling Land Bank parcels.
- Investigating new policies such as Inclusionary Zoning and Impact Fees.
- Ramping up partnership with Elevations Community Land Trust.
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
Low – The City does not build affordable housing units. Through policy and grants provided by the Competitive Process, the City often invests in new housing units or preservation of units for lower-income residents. The City responds to development proposals. These metric reports on completed units that will immediately affect existing inventory numbers.