Analysis of Performance
Targets for Q3 and Q4 of 2017 have been revised based on current units in construction that may feasibly come on line in 2017. The green line was added to display the quarterly average number of units needed to achieve the goals of the Affordable Housing Strategic Plan.
- This is a quarterly metric.
- The City’s partners added 373 homes to the affordable inventory over the past 5 years and have 248 under construction now. However, the goal of adding 940 units was not achieved.
- No additional housing units were added this quarter.
- The bulk of affordable homes currently under construction will be added in Q4.
- While no new inventory was added in Q3, an additional 240 affordable units are anticipated in Q4 2020.
- Goals and strategies will be evaluated in the Strategic Housing Plan update.
- Finalizing partnership to develop Kechter Land Bank parcel with 55-57 permanently affordable for-sale townhomes.
- Assigned 2020 Allocation of Private Activity Bond to development partners to construct and rehabilitate affordable housing.
- Manufactured Housing Zoning created and re-zoning process initiated for 6 communities in the City.
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
Low – The City does not build affordable housing units. Through policy and grants provided by the Competitive Process, the City often invests in new housing units or preservation of units for lower-income residents. The City responds to development proposals. These metric reports on completed units that will immediately affect existing inventory numbers.