Analysis of Performance
Targets for Q3 and Q4 of 2017 have been revised based on current units in construction that may feasibly come on line in 2017. The green line was added to display the quarterly average number of units needed to achieve the goals of the Affordable Housing Strategic Plan.
- This is a quarterly metric.
- The City’s partners added 373 homes to the affordable inventory over the past 5 years and have 248 under construction now.
- Still, the goal of adding 940 units was not achieved.
- Goals and strategies will be evaluated in the Strategic Housing Plan update.
- In Q1, 3 new affordable homeownership homes were added to the City’s inventory.
- In Q2, 1 more affordable homeownership home was added to the City's inventory.
- Completed purchase of Land Bank parcel, adding 5 acres to the Land Bank program.
- Continue to partner with Elevations Community Land Trust.
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
Low – The City does not build affordable housing units. Through policy and grants provided by the Competitive Process, the City often invests in new housing units or preservation of units for lower-income residents. The City responds to development proposals. These metric reports on completed units that will immediately affect existing inventory numbers.