Analysis of Performance
This is a quarterly measure. The closure of golf courses from mid-March through April due to the COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on rounds played the first half of the year.
- At the end of May, golf rounds were down 37% compared to 2019.
- At the end of September, golf rounds were up year over year by .7%.
- Rounds in the third quarter were up 19% year over year.
- Good weather in October and the first week of November makes us optimistic that we will surpass our 80,000 round goal.
- Attention to details, providing a friendly relaxed atmosphere, and addressing guest needs has been a focus. By addressing these points, Golf has continued with a strong third quarter and it is continuing into the fourth quarter.
- The Golf Division will continue to investigate ways to make it easier for guests to make tee times, pay for the services offered, and safely utilize golf and dining services during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
High – The Parks Department directly influences the number of participants by providing a quality experience at City golf courses. The Parks Department also influences participation through marketing and outreach of these facilities.