Analysis of Performance
As of Q4 2021, the Target was lowered from 5 minutes and 30 seconds to 5 minutes and 15 seconds.
- This is a quarterly metric, currently reflecting Q1 2022 data.
- Q1 2022 results indicate that the average response time was 4 minutes and 12 seconds. This is well below the target of 5 minutes and 15 seconds.
- We will continue to look for methods to evaluate the effectiveness of our resources. Response time, measured in minutes and seconds, provides a framework to do this.
- A daily review is performed for any Priority 1 calls and a monthly reconciliation is also conducted. These allow us to evaluate the data integrity and more closely examine any unusually long response times.
- Better evaluation and closer scrutiny of the calls shows response times are near the target more often than originally thought.
- Specialty unit personnel supplement Patrol shifts for better staffing and supervisors are guiding the efficient use of time on calls to maximize officer availability
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
High – Emergent response is a primary function of police. Having adequate resources, strategic deployment of those resources and maintaining reasonable geographic obligations greatly impacts response times.