Analysis of Performance
- This metric is reported one quarter in arrears.
- Fort Collins maintained its position in the top third of the Western States this quarter by scoring in the top 15%.
- Conditions remain favorable - low interest rates, increase in area median income (AMI), and steady construction are good for home ownership.
- However, inventory of existing homes is even less available than before the pandemic as people decide to stay put rather than sell during the pandemic.
- COVID-19 raises concerns about AMI that adjusted up this year and may take a dive next year.
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
Low – The City does not directly affect the private housing market or residents' income levels. Through grants provided by the Competitive Process, the City often incentivizes a limited number of new housing units for lower-income residents, which would be included in the number of housing units reported through the HOI data. This metric reports market activity more than City activity.