Analysis of Performance
- This is a quarterly metric reported one quarter in arrears.
- Fort Collins has exceeded the goal of being in the top third this quarter by scoring in the top 15% of the western region.
- The HUD reported incomes for the area jumped from $87, 200 to $94,100 which helped buying power.
- Based on COVID-19 pandemic, this trend of increasing incomes may slow or reverse.
- Interest rates remain very low.
- Price escalation slowing, although real estate transactions continue to be robust through pandemic.
- This information is always published for the preceding quarter.
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
Low – The City does not directly affect the private housing market or residents' income levels. Through grants provided by the Competitive Process, the City often incentivizes a limited number of new housing units for lower-income residents, which would be included in the number of housing units reported through the HOI data. This metric reports market activity more than City activity.