Analysis of Performance
In looking at our three categories of injury reports, we've seen:
- A 23% decrease in the number of Recordable cases
- Only a small change in our First Aid Only and Report Only cases
- A small reduction in the total number of cases reported (5.9%)
In reviewing the data between 2020 and 2019, we also look at changes in the work environment. Changes that we feel have impacted our employees are:
- COVID-19 related changes to where, when, and how work is performed
- COVID-19 and its impact on the community
- Reduction in workforce
The City is:
- Working to improve available PPE for employees who have work that requires them to interact with the public.
- Evaluating work that is being done to ensure that proper equipment and staffing is available to get the job done safely.
- Reaching out to departments to identify any new safety needs they have due to the change in how work is performed.
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
High – Reducing the TRIR rate requires the City to reduce the number of injuries that are sustained in any given year. Driving down injuries requires workgroups to actively work to identify and mitigate injury causes. We are seeing more employee involvement throughout the City now than at any point in the past through sharing of best practices and lessons learned, excellent active safety meeting attendance, new safety teams being launched, and safety team members being called on more than ever by their workgroups to help spearhead safety improvements.