Analysis of Performance
- This is a quarterly metric.
- Injury/Fatal crashes are the number of reported public street crashes involving motor vehicles, bicyclists or pedestrians where someone was injured or killed.
- Injury/Fatal crashes were below target during Q2 '21.
- The 79 injury/fatal crashes in Q2 '21 was less than the previous 5-year average for Q2 of 80.
- During 2020 traffic volumes decreased by about 8%, and still remain approximately 5% below pre Covid -19.
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance
Medium – Traffic crashes tend to have contributing factors from three areas: human factors, vehicle design/maintenance, and roadway/environment. The City uses Engineering, Enforcement and Education to target the human element and the roadway elements. While we can't prevent all crashes, these efforts do have an impact.